It will come as no surprise to learn that being physically active at the recommended levels helps manage and prevent over 20 chronic health conditions. Live Active Leisure works closely with the NHS and Perth and Kinross Coucnil to help people with health priorities become more active and find a way to fit exercise into their everyday lives.
If you or someone you know is living with or at risk of heart disease, stroke, type II diabetes, cancer, obesity, mental health problems and muskulo-skeletal conditions then we may be able to help.
The benefits gained are numerous and include:
• Managing weight which will in turn help reduce symptoms and risk of several of the conditions listed above
• Promote a positive outlook which will assist in dealing with mental and physical ailments
• Reduction in stress and anxiety and improved sleep
• Managing your energy balance to give a better quality of life
• Building a support network among your own peer group and tapping into other's experiences
By providing support and activities for this group, we can help people find a new quality of life and improve all areas of their general wellbeing.
Live Active Leisure has a team of qualified and experienced staff to support people with poor health and long term conditions. In partnership with NHS Tayside we provide specialist sessions for Falls, Cardiac, COPD and Stroke rehabilitation/ management; weight management for people who are overweight; mental health recovery and other conditions that can be improved by increasing physical activity levels.
This page is developing and will soon have useful fact sheets to give you for more information and support.